At Inter-Coastal Electronics (ICE) the relationships we develop with our suppliers are key to our ability to meet our customers needs. We work with our suppliers in order to provide competitive pricing, on-time delivery, and best practices in design and manufacturing to our customers. We are dedicated to continuous improvement and quality service, and value suppliers who share these same commitments.
We hope the information provided here will answer most questions and make purchasing tasks easier for all of us.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Every Purchase Order (PO) is subject to ICE Terms and Conditions.
The following personnel are authorized ICE purchasing agents. Orders accepted from other than an authorized purchasing agent are at risk.
- Kimberly Williams - Supervisor, Materials
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you regarding the latest developments concerning new or substitute parts, materials or services, price and quality changes. Procurement representatives will arrange for special presentations or demonstrations at the request of Inter-Coastal Electronics technical personnel. In all cases, technical advice or assistance must be provided only with the prior knowledge of a Purchasing Department representative.
Please comply with these policies for Supplier on-site visits:
- All appointments must be arranged through and attended by a Purchasing Department representative.
- All visits to Inter-Coastal Electronics begin by checking in at the front desk.
- Suppliers arriving without an appointment may be asked to schedule one and return at a later time.
- A visitors badge must be worn.
- Visitors require a company escort while in the facility.
- A Non-Disclosure Agreement may be required for discussion of certain Programs or Technologies.
- Quotes should be returned within 24-48 hours.
- Quote and deliver all machined or sheet metal parts with inserts installed.
- Custom parts or assemblies can be quoted from a faxed drawing, but manufacturing must be done from original drawings or approved electronic file.
Required Documentation for Delivery
ICE is ISO 9001 certified. See the table below for documentation requirements for each part type.
Supplier Documentation Requirements by Part Type
click to open a larger image in a new tab
Drawings - Uniform Interpretation
Use this Business Practice, BPC21 - Drawings - Uniform Interpretation.
- Ship per method stated on PO.
- Ship complete unless PO states Partial Shipments Authorized. If the supplier is responsible for shipping cost this does not apply.
- Reference the PO number and ICE Part Number (P/N) on all packing slips and other official documentation.
- All parts must be shipped using methods and packing that ensure the safe delivery of parts free from defect or damage.
- The supplier is expected to meet all confirmed in-house dates. The supplier must notify the buyer if expected in-house date will not be met.
- The supplier should not deliver more than two days early without authorization. Unauthorized deliveries are subject to rejection or delayed payment.
- When repairing or replacing non-conforming material, the supplier is responsible to include a Root Cause and Corrective Action Report. This report should include a description of the non-conformance and action taken to correct the problem for this and all future deliveries.
- Deliver high quality material on a consistent basis the first time.
- All parts are required to conform to specifications as defined by the PO, ICE drawings, and any military or commercial standard identified on the PO or drawing.
ICE evaluates Made-to-Print suppliers on a regular basis to ensure conformance to Quality requirements, on-time delivery and customer service. It is our goal to communicate expectations clearly so our suppliers can succeed, thereby helping us to succeed.