Updated ~ February 2, 2017
Embedded Software Engineer I (or Associate level, DOE)
Summary: Designs, modifies, develops, writes, tests and debugs embedded software applications and systems that are scalable and optimized. Systems include but are not limited to embedded software that will be controlling telemetry radios, GPS receivers, lasers, laser detectors, and other various Military Training equipment.
- Designs, develops, implements, tests and debugs embedded software
- Reviews code and software design
- Integrates existing software into new hardware designs
- Provides post production software support
- Interfaces and validates new or modified hardware designs
- Collects and analyzes design information, software requirements, and/or technical data
- Verifies design specifications, design requirements, and performs necessary calculations
- Determines data input/output requirements and equipment requirements
- Independently works on smaller software engineering projects
- Performs other duties as assigned
Required Education/Skills: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 2+ years experience in electronics, electrical design or logic required. 4+ years experience with an Associates degree will substitute. Proven working experience in software engineering. Proficiency in C programming language. Solid experience in embedded software design with pre-emptive and multi-tasking operating systems. Understanding of microprocessors, microcontrollers, serial and parallel bus interfaces. Strong documentation and writing skills. Ability to obtain Security Clearance required. Ability to travel may be required.
- Requires 5+ years related experience.
- Must be able to recognize electronic and mechanical parts, and have knowledge of part handling guidelines such as static sensitivity, shelf life, etc., as required.
- Must be able to work with detailed documentation and attention to detail and accuracy required. Experience with ERP/MRP systems and MS Office software required.
- Must have strong understanding of multi- level BOMs, parent-child relationships and hierarchical structure of assemblies.
Salary Range: $48,847 - $67,164/DOE